jeudi, juin 24, 2010

Good night Michael. Wherever you are.



Thank you for ABC when I was 8, on the way to school
ABC, it's easy
Easy as123
It's like counting up to 3
Or simple as Do re mi
Sing a simple melody
That's how easy love can be

Thank you for Ben when I was 13,
singing in the dark in my dormitary
Ben, the two of us need look no more
We both found what we were looking for
With a friend to call my own
I'll never be alone
And you, my friend, will see
You've got a friend in me
(you've got a friend in me)

Thank you for Human Nature, Thriller and Billy Jean
Far away from home, I was eighteen
Reaching Out
To Touch A Stranger

Electric Eyes Are Ev’rywhere

See That Girl

She Knows I’m Watching

She Likes The Way I Stare

Thank you for the Moonwalk moment at the greatest Grammy
Thank you for the Jackson 5 TRIUMPH Concert
In Toronto when I was nineteen that December

Thank you for Liberian Girl, Bad and Smooth Criminal
when I was twenty, enjoying MTV
Liberian girl
You know that you came
And you changed my world,
Just like in the movies,
With two lovers in a scene
And she says...
"Do you love me"
And he says so endlessly...
"I love you, Liberian girl"

Thank you for We Are The World when I was 22,
rallying for camaraderie at university
There comes a time
When we head a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
And it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all


For Remember The Time and In The Closet,I was 26 - a busy wife
And later for Dangerous, when my kids were my joy, my life
Do you remember
When we fell in love

We were young and innocent then

Do you remember how it all began

It just

Seemed like heaven

So why

Did it end

Thank you for They Don't care About Us when I was in so much pain...
Thank you for Charlie Chaplin's Smile when I was stronger and wiser
It has made me so much more contented, happier - braver
Thank you for This Is It at the movies
Where we cried in the theatre, danced and cheered
At the memory of you, our dearest, our Michael forever...
Thank you Thank you Thank you


2 commentaires:

Warm Coco a dit…

One of the radio stations here is playing all MJ tunes.
He was a musical genius!

ninotaziz a dit…

Yes he was, Coco. Thanks for dropping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails