samedi, janvier 28, 2012

Taking it slow...

Ikesha thinks my impromptu flower arrangement
from odds and ends in our garden is a great piece of art!



It is time to smell the flowers.


Life has been a mad rush, especially since we had to do without Bik since August 2011.


Work, writing and adjustments to new living arrangements have kept me on my toes. Inas and Irani, both in important exam years have moved to Tok Wan's place in search of better tutors, plus space and mind to study. Iman is studying furiously as her stint at matriculation comes to an end this April - her 4 flat average attest to her focus and determination.


From a household of eight, we have dwindled down to four! How time flies. Hence, it is time to smell the flowers. Flower arrangement, gardening, even cycling with Rudy and the girls in the evening was a lovely get away.


Iman and Inas were home during the Chinese New Year holidays and it was time to have one of our B-B-Qs for the teenagers again - out in the garden. Small crowd, laughter, subtle goodbyes to life as they knew it - as they move on to France, Russia and other near and faraway places to carry on chasing their dreams. Grow up.


As for me, I ponder about life as my babies become young ladies, women of their own mind etc etc etc. Time flies. Fuzana, my lovely editor from Utusan just showed me the final layout for Hikayat before it goes to print. I work on Dragon Lores at a relaxed pace.


I sigh in contentment.




Alhamdulillah.

8 commentaires:

Sherry Blue Sky a dit…

I always love glimpses of your wonderful life, Ninot, and both of those book covers look wonderful. You have accomplished so much, even while such a busy and devoted mom. These passages as our girls fly the nest are a little fraught - but your girls sound very focused and intelligent - they will create wonderful lives based on the solid platform you have given them.

ninotaziz a dit…

Dear Sherry,
Thank you for always being there with a kind word, Sherry. I think about the days the girls will be living their own lives and pray all works out well for them.

Have you received Srikandi in the mail? I hope it finds its way to you.

Cat-from-Sydney a dit…

Aunty Ninot,
Can I move in with you? We are a household of nine now! Hard for me to get a me time with Mama....purrr....meow!

ninotaziz a dit…

Ooopps I forgot ...we are a household of four plus two - Crookshanks and Sasha Basil Potter would be offended. Come drop by anytime, Angelina. But here you would have to learn to do your potty three blocks away in the wild and fend off the tomcats !

Wan Sharif a dit…

Salam Ninot,
You seem to get a good hold of your life even without Bik.. My household of seven has dwindled down to four (five during the weekends) but I have yet to take time to smell the flowers and even enjoying the evening walk with Mok Wang.. Hope to do better when I finish this third well sometime 10 days from now ;).
Salam to all your loved one..

ninotaziz a dit…

Ayoh Wang,
Que Sera Sera. But life is precious and must be savoured.

Check your email!

Kathe W. a dit…

simply lovely to read this...

ninotaziz a dit…

Thank you Kathe fir dropping by.
Life, is precious.

Related Posts with Thumbnails