jeudi, août 16, 2012

The ancient call of the nusantara



_____________________
yesterday it was ancient
today, it is forever new
by tomorrow, it will be timeless

___________________________________
The beauty of gamelan is in its staccato pride,
the sense of calm as you play to breathe
and breathe to play a song from the past

_________
to know me
to love me
to accept me
you must understand
i am an island girl
and the rhythmic call
of the bronze orchestra
seduces my ancestors
within me


____________

dream catcher
in the fading notes
of an ancient song

I awaken


For Thursday Think Tank
For the mesmerising ancient songs, click


Copyright 2012 © ninotaziz. All rights reserved.


6 commentaires:

Sherry Blue Sky a dit…

What a beautiful poem, Ninot!!!!! The last four lines are stellar!

ninotaziz a dit…

Thank you Sherry! I love the last poem too. This was such a lovely prompt.

Scarlet a dit…

I like the timeless ancient, weaving with the new tomorrow ~ Nice awakening words ~

http://a-sweetlust.blogspot.ca/2012/08/dreaming.html

Ella a dit…

This was stunning...I agree the last four lines are amazing :D
So glad you joined in!

ninotaziz a dit…

Thank you Heaven. Awakening is a lovely state of mind indeed.

ninotaziz a dit…

Ella,
I thank you for your wonderful prompt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails