mercredi, août 29, 2012

HIKAYAT on BERNAMARadio24 (FM93.9)

ninotaziz with Gerard
on Radio24

I was nervous and had a cold. After a short interview on Bernama Today last week, I was invited once again to have a longer session on radio in conjunction with Merdeka.

I must thank Gerard, the host who made it appear easy-going, producer Jun Sern who prepped me just before the show, and Shawn who made me feel so welcome. I must say Radio is so much fun, while the TV appearance was quite scary. Nevertheless, as both interviews were live sessions, it felt daunting indeed to a newcomer like me.

The interview was scheduled to run for 45 minutes, it went on for over 1 hour 20 minutes. It is to the guys' credit that it was so enjoyable. I came away with the one message I wanted so much to say.

The Hikayat is our heritage. We must take ownership of the legends because they belong to all of us.

When I say all of us - just so that everyone is clear - I mean everyone. All Malaysians. I mentioned that when you read Hikayat, you will find something intrinsic of yourself in them. You will seek what you want to find. There was a movement of people that centered around the Semenanjung. Everyone wanted something form this land. Gold. Power. Love. Take ownership my friends, before someone takes it away from us.

Our diversity is what makes Malaysia unique. Embrace it. Don't let it destroy us.

Goodnight, everyone.

Merdeka!

6 commentaires:

ninotaziz a dit…

Darling Sherry,
The Radio host Gerard mentioned you on the show during the interview. He actually read our exchange of comments - You were on Malaysian Radio, dear!

Sherry Blue Sky a dit…

OH! MY! GOD! That simply BLOWS MY MIND! This little old granny living in the back of beyond??? The blogosphere has brought the whole world - and absolutely stunning friends like you - right to my desktop!!!!!!!! Good for you, braving the interviews, now it will become easier. I love the very important message you came away from it with. Yes! You are doing a valuable service to your homeland and its people, preserving the rich and wonderful culture and legends. Way to go, Ninot. I'm so happy your important books are getting the recognition they so deserve.

Cat-from-Sydney a dit…

Aunty Ninot,
Hmmm.....you mentioned and thanked everyone in the family...but only the hoomans! No fair! You forgot Crooks and Shasha!!! har har har *evil laughs*

ninotaziz a dit…

You know, when I came home and Shanks, Sasha and Snow White greeted me as usual...I was just thinking the same thing, Angelina...I will remember the next time ok?

Al-Manar a dit…

I am glad that your work is fast getting recognition. I share your joy and pray for grteater things ahead.

ninotaziz a dit…

InsyaAllah, Pakcik. I am glad I am allowed some platforms to talk about this passion of mine. I might be going back to Uni to 'mendalami' my studies in Malay Literature.

We'll see how it goes...

Related Posts with Thumbnails